Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Branford, CT

So it's rather painful to me to even post this photo, but it's been a while since my last entry.
This image was taken on my cell phone on January 10, 2010. The 2 year anniversary of the Life of my Chucks project.
Where I'm lying here is on a bench in the cafeteria at the Connecticut Hospice center in Branford, CT. I spent just about 3 weeks sitting here.
My mother was admitted to Hospice on December 24, 2009. I spent every day there up until January 10. Merely 12 hours after this photo was taken, my mother ended her 13 year battle with breast cancer.
She loved the Life of My Chucks project and always told me my shoes would take me to incredible places.
I love her and miss her dearly.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Hey there... new(ish) visitor. I always meant to tell you that I thought this project was one of the better ideas I've seen--even thought of replicating it someday. I wanted to finally come out of lurker mode long enough to say that I appreciate the effort, and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's amazing how everything hooks into everything. Even a project on shoes can have its poignant moments. Truly, the journey you take, as symbolized by the chucks is a story of life. I wish you nothing but the very best.